Wednesday 21 October 2015

What are you doing this weekend?

Marketers have become very clever by using different methods to capture the attention of potential consumers. While they have many techniques, the perceptual method has become very popular. In the Disneyland Paris advert of 2015, the marketers are directing the advertisement at adults instead of families with young children.




The advert shows a couple spending their weekend at the resort as a surprise from the boyfriend. The advert then goes on to show the couple having the time of their lives in the resort, with the excitement of the rides and famous Disney characters. By the end of the advertisement, there is a message saying 'What are you doing this weekend?'. I found this to be very effective, as it asks the consumer to stop and think about what they are actually doing this weekend, and also gives the impression that they wish they were going to Disneyland and having as much fun as the couple in the video.

Disneyland created a gap in a person's mind by asking this question as the consumer felt the need to stop and think about it; and by this way, they remember the advert because it made them stop and think. I found this to be very effective.

You can watch the advertisements here:

http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/events/holiday-disneyland-adult/


Also on their website, they have the video with this text written underneath:
"We never grow out of having a good time, so why let the kids have all the fun?
With hair-raising rides, buzzing nightlife, restaurants, pampering, shopping and more, you’ll discover that Disneyland® Paris is actually the perfect place for grown-up adult breaks.So forget the day job and ditch those boring adult responsibilities, because ladies and gentlemen – it’s playtime." with an offer of 20% off. 

They are catering to consumers different needs by offering all of these with added discount too.
This is an excellent way to boost sales and also target a new market for adults.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting and entertaining blog,good job!😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great read, can see improvement from earlier posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I defenetly want to go to Disney now. Especially after reading about Disney being suitable for adults. Thank you for such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I defenetly want to go to Disney now. Especially after reading about Disney being suitable for adults. Thank you for such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having visited Disneyland Paris in 2014 with my younger siblings I agree with the majority of the points made; although the focus is on children there is so much to do for the teenage and adult visitors too.
    This is a well written piece and some strong points have been made; especially in relation to the consumer involvement used in the video - and even though I did visit I was not aware of some of the stuff you've listed so I'll be sure to visit again in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really informative blog, I can see you have taken the time to research around the topic and I like how u have put in a video to further support your blog! Great writing! Keeps me wanting to read more, you are a natural blogger!!! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting post, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete